Monday, November 4, 2013

Who am I, and why this blog

I've been building software, generally enterprise-level COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) software for longer than I care to admit.  I've done it in some very large organizations (Wang Laboratories, and Digital Equipment Corporation) and some very small, 20 person organizations.  I've had the chance to work with some brilliant people who showed me what to do right, and some folks who showed me things NOT to do.  As I have tried to impart that learning to my teams, I tend to fall back on two things: stories and metaphors (and in the end, they're not all that different).

So this blog is an opportunity to capture some of those stories, and occasionally metaphors, in the hopes that some folks will find it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment